meta data for this page
How to configure SNMP in R27
SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) is an Internet-standard protocol for managing devices on IP networks.
SNMP is widely used in network management system to monitor network-attached devices for conditions that may draw network administrative attention.
SNMP exposes management data in the form of variables on the managed systems, which describe the system configuration. These variables can then be queried by managing applications. These variables accessible via SNMP are organized in hierarchies, which are described by Management Information Bases (MIBs).
How to configure in R27:
Go to Network - Advanced to configure.
1. Enable SNMP from drop-down list.
2. Enter the port number and IP address /any valid URL domain name of trusted SNMP server.
After finish configuring in R27, users can test SNMP feature with MIB (Management Information Base) Browser tool.
1. Run the MIB browser tool, we test the snmp feature via using tool named iReasoning MIB Browser;
2. Enter the IP address of R27 in the Address line, and click Advanced to enter the port 1024 and select the SNMP version to be 2.
3. Keep other settings as default, and click Ok to save. Make sure the R27 connect to MIB tool which it will prompt users.
4. Import the template file named AKUVOX-R2X-MIB.txt from File -Load MIBs;
5. Select the private folder, and then click the item to obtain the needed information from R27.