meta data for this page
How to setup multicast
Multicast uses one-to-many mode to communicate in a range. Akuvox Phone can be a listener part and also can be the listened part to realize Multicast communication.
Multicast address from 22.214.171.124—126.96.36.199, however not all multicast IP addresses are valid. Please consult your administrator for more information. In this feature guide , we use Akuvox R4X Video phone as an example.
2.1 Listener part
1. To setup Multicast in the website.
2. Go to the path:Phone-Multicast.
3. Paging Barge:Choose the multicast priority number ,the range is 1-10.
4. Paging priority Active: Enable o disable the multicast priority. The call from High priority listened part can be answered preferentially.
5. Setup the listening IP address and port. The IP address need to be same as the listened part. And the multicast port can not be same for each IP Address.
6. Click Submit button to save.
2.2 Listened part
2.2.1 Set up from website
1. Go to the website:Phone-Ext Key;
2. Choose Line Key/DSS Key/Ext Key to setup.(Not all phones supports DSS Key or Ext Key);
3. To setup the Type as Multicast paging;
4. Set the multicast IP address and port in Value area. The multicast IP address must be same as the listened part. Click Submit to save.
2.2.2 Set up from Akuvox Phone
1.Enter the Dial interface;
2.Click Ext Key button to enter Ext setting interface;
3.Click Add Key;
4.To setup the Type as Multicast Paging;
5.Input the label you need;
6.Set the multicast IP address and port in Value area. The multicast IP address must be same as the listened part. Click Confirm to save.
2.2.3 After you finish the intercom value settings
2.Enable the Extkey;
3.Click Save button to save.
2.2.4 Using Multicast
1.Then press the Multicast Paging key; 2.The multicast call is answered automatically.